To start of, this is one of the best backpacking trip I’ve been to so far. I love how the itinerary excites me with different adventures such as beach and diving, historical sites, landlock province, exhilarating activities, breathtaking waterfalls and Islamic cities. Backpacking CDO-Camiguin-Bukidnon-Iligan-Marawi is truly one of a kind! Shoutout to my partner in life, Milo for being with me all throughout the trip.
So to my readers and fellow travelers, staying in CDO will no longer be the original plan because in this travel guide we will be doing an epic backpacking trip. So keep reading!
Where to Book Flights?
In this itinerary, your center point will always be CDO. Hence, your entry and exit flight will be in CDO too. CDO flights are always on sale! Book your flights with one of the cheapest airlines below:
- BOOK CHEAP FLIGHTS HERE (MNL-CGY) PHP2,800.00 ROUNDTRIP FLIGHTS
Important Reminders & Tips From Joan’s Footprints
- Don’t forget to bring all your travel essentials: Vaccine card, valid ID, enough cash, credit card, tumbler, sunscreen, etc.
- You have a choice to skip Marawi City if it’s not in your plan. But if you are to ask me I’d highly recommend going there and learn about the culture of the Maranaos. However, please be reminded that Marawi is an Islamic City so please wear appropriate clothing especially to our ladies out there. Do not wear revealing clothes, let us respect the culture of our Muslim brothers and sisters.
- Doing this CDO-Camiguin-Bukidnon-Iligan-Marawi backpacking requires a lot of hotel transferring, lotsa walking, and lotsa traveling! Please bring enough clothes and do not overpack. Do not bring big luggage especially in Bukidnon, most transfers will be via habal-habal.
- Book hotels in advance to minimize the hassle of fully booked rooms.
- Contact both the Tourism Office for Marawi City and Bukidnon before visiting. It is important to know if the destination is open on the day of your planned visit. Contact them here: 0965 673 5658 Bukidnon Communal Ranch and 0965 673 5658 Mam Jho Marawi City.
CDO-Camiguin-Bukidnon-Iligan-Marawi 5 Days Itinerary & Budget
Follow this itinerary if you are planning to stay in CDO for 5 days! I will also include the budget, accommodations and contact person below.
Day 1: CDO & Camiguin
5:30am ETA CDO Airport
6am ETD Ride a van outside the Airport going to CDO City (Php200.00/pax)
7am ETA CDO Agora Terminal, breakfast
7:30am Pick up time for White River Rafting activity (Php1,800.00/pax Middle Section)
12nn Back to Agora Terminal, lunch
1:30pm Ride a van/bus from Agora Terminal to Balingoan Port (Php200.00/pax)
3:00pm ETA Balingoan Port, but ferry ticket to Camiguin Island (Php359.00/pax)
4:00pm ETA Camiguin Island Port, rent a motorbike for 24 hours (Php500.00/day)
4:20pm Check in at GV Hotel in Mambajao (Php550.00/night for 2 person)
5:00pm Visit Gui-ob Church Ruins (Php50.00/pax) and Sunset at Sunken Cemetery (No Entrance Fee)
6pm Early dinner
9pm Lights out
READ SEPARATE ARTICLE HERE: 2023 CAMIGUIN DIY TRAVEL GUIDE
BOOK ROOMS AT GV HOTEL FOR PHP550.00/NIGHT GOOD FOR 2
Day 2: Camiguin
5am Wake up time, prepare for sunrise in White Island
6am ETA White Island Port, rent a boat (Php550.00 boat rental good for 4; Php50.00 entrance fee/pax)
6:15am ETA White Island, swim, snorkel, photo ops
7:30am Back at the port, breakfast
8:30am Tongatoc Cove (Free)
9:00am Tuasan Falls (Php75.00/pax)
10:00am ETA Mantigue Port, rent a boat (Php750.00 boat rental good for 4; Php75.00 entrance fee/pax)
10:30am ETA Mantigue Island, swim, snorkel
2:00pm Back to the port, lunch, back to GV Hotel and get things
4:00pm Ferry back to Balingoan Port (Php359.00/pax)
5:00pm Ride a bus/van back to CDO (Php200.00/pax)
6:30pm ETA Agora Terminal in CDO
7:00pm Late Check in at GV Hotel CDO (Php900.00/night good for 2)
10pm Lights out
BOOK ROOMS AT GV HOTEL FOR PHP900.00/NIGHT GOOD FOR 2
Day 3: Iligan & Marawi City
5am Wake up time
6am Ride a bus from Buluan Terminal to Iligan City (Php190.00/pax)
8am ETA Iligan Bus Terminal, hire a habal-habal to Maria Cristina Falls (Php200.00/way good for 2)
9am ETA Maria Cristina Falls (Php50.00/pax)
11am Ride a habal-habal to Southbound Bus Terminal (Php200.00/way good for 2)
12nn From Southbound Bus Terminal, ride a van to Marawi (Php150.00/pax)
1pm ETA Marawi City, proceed to City Hall and walk towards Tourism Office
1:30pm Motorbike Tour, visit Kilometer 0, MSU, Aga Khan Museum, Lake Lanao, Grand Mosque, Marawi Siege
5:00pm ETD to Iligan City, ride a van back to Iligan (Php150.00)
6:00pm From Iligan City, ride a bus back to CDO (Php190.00/pax)
8pm Dinner outside
9pm Back to GV Hotel, rest, lights off
Important Contact for Marawi City Guided Tour: Mam Jho – 0970 909 4857 and Mam Rose – 0975 469 4553 from local Tourism Office.
READ SEPARATE ARTICLE HERE: A DAY IN MARAWI CITY
Day 4: Bukidnon
5am Early check out, breakfast
6am ETD from Agora Terminal to Bukidnon (Php145.00/pax)
7:45am Pay the entrance fee at the Tourism Office for Communal Ranch (Php20.00/pax entrance fee)
8:00am Ride a habal-habal to Communal Ranch (Php250.00/pax/roundtrip)
9:00am ETA Communal Ranch, horseback riding, photo-ops
11:00am ETD to Rotypeaks Ridge Camp from Communal Ranch (Php250.00/pax/way)
1:00pm Check in at Rotypeaks Ridge Camp, rest and lunch (Php1,500.00/night/2pax)
3:00pm Explore the place
9:00pm Dinner & Lights off
Important Contact for habal-habal: Kuya Deedee at 0967 6703 172 or ask an assistance from the Tourism Office to help you find a habal-habal driver. Furthermore, note that habal-habal fare is depending on your negotiation. The fare I provided above is based on my negotiated fare with Kuya Deedee.
READ SEPARATE ARTICLE HERE: 2 DAYS IN BUKIDNON ITINERARY & BUDGET
Day 5: Bukidnon
6:00am Watch sunrise and view of Paminahawa Ridge, breakfast
8:00am Habal-habal back to Impasug-ong Tourism Office (Php250.00/pax/way)
9:00am Ride a bus to Manolo, Bukidnon (Php120.00/pax)
10:00am From Manolo bus terminal, ride a habal-habal to Dahilayan Adventure Park (Php200.00/pax/way)
11:00am ETA Dahilayan Adventure Park
3:00pm Habal-habal Dahilayan Adventure Park back to Manolo bus terminal (Php200.00/pax/way)
4:00pm Manolo bus terminal to Agora terminal in CDO (Php180.00/pax)
5:00pm Back in Agora Terminal, ride a van to the airport (Php200.00/pax)
6:00pm ETA CDO Airport
8:30pm Flight back to Manila
|Help me improve my CDO-Camiguin-Bukidnon-Iligan-Marawi Travel Guide! By commenting suggestions in the comment section below, I am very open to new ideas. Drone shots credits to Milo Quinantoto.|
Contact Us for paid promotions and link insertions.
For proposals: email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5 Simple Hacks You Should Know For Beginner Freedivers!
- 2023 Complete Balabac Palawan Travel Guide with Itinerary & Budget: Everything You Need to Know
- How I Almost Got OFFLOADED From My Singapore Flight: Important Things You Need to Know
- 2023 Ultimate Travel Guide to Sagada with DIY Itinerary & Budget
- First Timer’s Guide to Bomod-ok Falls: Sagada’s Big Falls