With the luring photos of the beautiful Mt Maculot Rockies and photo stunts circulating around the internet, Mt Maculot in Batangas is definitely a famous day-hike in the province. It is located in the heart of Batangas where it is accessible to adventure seekers and hikers. Some of the prominent list of sites and activities are: (1) the rockies, (2) the grotto, (3) rope segments and (4) the summit.
Moreover, since Mt. Maculot is a famous hike, lotsa people go here during summer season where there are clear skies and calm ocean. I came here with my previous office-mates and there were so many people that you could greet along the trail. Although there are other mountains in Batangas, Mt Maculot is particularly a famous mountain to hike because of its astonishing rockies and breath-taking view of the ocean from the summit.
Table of Contents
Important Tips & Reminders Before The Hike For First-timers
It wasn’t my first time to climb a mountain since I’ve climbed lots of mountains before. But almost 80% in my team are first-timers! So, below are some important tips I could share with you as I have observed from my group.
- For updates about COVID-19 travel restrictions, check out the official Facebook page of Cuenca Batangas here.
- Contact Number: Barangay Outpost +639103172853
- You have 2 options of climbing Mt Maculot. Firstly, you have a choice to climb only the rockies which is the famous photo-op for this hike. However, it is not the summit of Mt Maculot and it will only take half day to finish it. Second option is rockies-summit-grotto. This is the most difficult and it requires you to start early in the morning and will finish in the late afternoon.
- Mt Maculot is considered a minor hike since people can conquer the summit in a day. Although it is a minor hike, beginners and first-timers should not underestimate it. It is still considerably difficult and some of the trail includes rope segments. With this being said, bring enough water (at least 2L/pax), trail food and get decent sleep and rest the night before!
- Wear appropriate clothes for hiking. For instance, wear dri-fit clothes or light weight clothing. Bring towels, caps, arm warmers and extra shirts too.
- I would highly recommend overnight! This will lessen the difficulty since you don’t have to climb up and down the mountain in 1 day.
- Bring: power-bank, cameras, action camera.
How to Get There
Option 1: DIY
Procced to the bus terminals in in Cubao (MRT3: Cubao; LRT2: Cubao) or Buendia (LRT1: Gil Puyat) then ride a Lemery-bound bus; fare is PHP 150.00 – PHP 160.00; travel time is 2.5 hours.
Alternatively, you may take a bus to Lipa then ride a jeepney to Cuenca; fare is about PHP 30.00. Advise the driver to drop you off at Poblacion (town center) along the highway. From there, you can either walk to the jump-off or take a tricycle for PHP 15.00/person.
Option 2: Booking With Tour Agencies
Booking with travel agencies will be the easiest way to conquer Mt. Maculot. Price range starts from PHP900.00 and above for each person. It is ideal for solo-travelers or for small groups. Check out the travel agencies available on Facebook!
Where to book your tour
Get your private tour with Klook! Check out the link below.
Meet up with your guide and the rest of your group at McDonald’s El Pueblo in Ortigas, then hop inside an air-condiitoned vehicle to get to Cuenca, Batangas, the jump-off point for Mt. Maculot. Once you arrive, you’ll go through a brief orientation and some last-minute packing, before your guide officially begins the trek!
Suggested Itinerary & Budget
The estimated budget per person for a day-hike is around PHP 600.00 – PHP1,000.00. If you want to lessen the fee, I suggest bringing your water, snacks and packed lunch to avoid buying from stores outside. In addition to that, there are no natural water source during the hike like waterfalls, spring, etc. Best to bring your own enough water and keep yourself hydrated!
|PHP 400.00 Round-trip (Bus, jeepney, tricycle)
|PHP 400.00 for a group of 5 (Day-hike)
PHP 1,000.00 for a group of 5 (Traverse)
|Food, water, miscellaneous, etc.
|PHP 300.00 (estimated)
|Mt Maculot (Rockies-Summit-Grotto)
|Board Lemery-bound bus from Buendia or Cubao (PHP 130.00 – PHP 140.00)
|ETA Cuenca Muncipal Hall then walk or ride a trike to the jump-off. Pay the registration fee and guide fee.
|Start of trek
|ETA Mt. Maculot Summit. Lunch.
|Start descent to Grotto
|Arrival at exit point. End of Hike.
Mt Maculot in Batangas Attractions
|Help me improve my travel guide! By commenting suggestions in the comment section below, I am very open to new ideas. 🙂
Contact Us for paid promotions and link insertions.
For proposals: email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEXT TO READ:
- 2024 ULTIMATE COTO MINES DIY ITINERARY & BUDGET: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Get to Impasug-ong Communal Ranch? DIY Itinerary With Budget
- 2024 Complete Balabac Palawan Travel Guide with Itinerary & Budget: Everything You Need to Know
- 2024 Camiguin DIY Itinerary & Budget
- 2024 Bukidnon DIY Itinerary & Budget: How to Get There?