Backpacking the 3 countries (1) Vietnam, (2) Cambodia and (3) Thailand or better known as Indochina countries is a very famous route not only to Filipinos but to other foreign nationalities outside Asia as well! So, for this article I’m going to share with you guys a 10-day Indochina DIY Itinerary & Budget. This itinerary will be based on my personal experience as a solo female traveler and I would love to encourage you to do it too!
So yeap, I am a female traveler and I was able to backpack these 3 countries alone. My experience in totality, doing this long and memorable trip has made me accomplished lotsa things in my life. First and foremost it made me braver than ever and it really challenged my skills when it comes to becoming an independent solo traveler internationally and locally!
Table of Contents
Related Indochina Travel Guide
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- HO CHI MINH CITY DIY TRAVEL GUIDE
- VISITING CU CHI TUNNELS DIY WAY
- HCMC TO SIEM REAP
- OTHER LIST OF HCMC TRAVEL GUIDES
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Bangkok and Chiang Mai, Thailand
What You Need to Know
- Here are important mobile applications you need to download for your backpacking trip: Google Translate, Grab App, and BusMap App.
- Book you land travel tickets with one of the world’s trusted bus-line companies here: BOOK BUS TICKET WITH BOOKAWAY
- For travel essentials, be sure to be equipped of a 4G sim card/pocket wifi, at least 2 valid IDs, passport, a screenshot of your round-trip flight, power-bank and enough cash in USD.
- You are traveling to a non-english speaking countries. Most of the locals cannot communicate in English so better download a Google translate app.
- USD is the most recommended currency to bring when traveling to these coutries.
- Beware of scams outside the immigration office when crossing boarders. Remember that Philippine passport holders DO NOT NEED VISA so just ignore the people offering visa application with a fee outside the immigration office.
- Taxi scams are very common in HCMC and Bangkok. DIY travels for solo travelers is the cheapest and best option.
- Be sure to book advance tours with Klook at least 2 days before your tour to secure your slots.
- Find cheap hostels and book them in advance.
10-Day INDOCHINA DIY Itinerary & Budget
Day 0: Flight From MNL – SGN
Day 1: Cu Chi Tunnels DIY & Bitexco Skydeck
9:00AM Wake up time, prepare for Cu Chi Tunnels DIY
10:00AM-5:00PM READ CU CHI TUNNELS DIY HERE
6:00PM Bitexco Skydeck (BOOK DISCOUNTED BITEXCO SKYDECK THRU KLOOK)
8:00PM Dinner at Bui Vien Street (just located near your hostel)
9:00PM Lights out
Day 2: Mekong Delta Tour Via Klook
6:00AM Wake up time, free breakfast in hostel
7:30AM Meet up location in Bui Vien Street (walking distance)
8:00AM-5PM BOOK MEKONG DELTA TOUR VIA KLOOK
6:00PM Freshen up in hostel, early dinner at XU Restaurant Lounge (Best Restaurant in Saigon)
8:00PM-12MN Bui Vien Street night life
Day 3: Saigon City Tour DIY
6:00AM Wake up time, free breakfast in hostel, check out luggage and leave in the counter
7:00AM Notre Dame Cathedral
7:30AM Central Post Office
8:30AM Reunification Palace
9:00AM War Remnants Museum
12NN-1:30PM Ben Than Market (buy souvenirs)
3:00PM ETD SGN – Siem Reap via land travel (BOOK BUS TICKET VIA BOOKAWAY HERE)
Day 4: Kulen Waterfall Whole Day Tour Via Klook
5:00AM Check in at Heart Language Hotel
8:00AM Hotel pick up, Kulen Waterfall Whole Day Tour (BOOK DISCOUNTED KULEN WATERFALL VIA KLOOK)
4:30PM Back in hotel, rest
6:45PM Ride a tuk-tuk to Pub Street & Night Market
7:00PM Dinner at Pub Street and buy souvenirs in Night Market
10:00PM Lights out
Day 5: Angkor Wat Tour (Option for Sunrise Tour)
6:00AM Wake up time, breakfast
7:00AM Angkor Wat Tour, Bayon Temple, Ta Phrom (BOOK DISCOUNTED ANGKOR WAT TOUR VIA KLOOK)
4:00PM Back in hotel, rest, freshen-up
11:00PM Siem Reap – BKK via land travel (BOOK BUS VIA BOOKAWAY HERE)
Day 6: Chatuchak Weekend Market & Khaosan Rd.
12:00NN Check in at Yes Kaosan or Ploy Hostel
1:00PM Chatuchak Weekend Market
7:00PM Dinner/Night Life in Khaosan Rd.
Day 7: Bangkok Temples DIY
9:00AM Wat Arun
11:00AM Wat Pho
2:00PM Grand Palace
6:00PM Back in hostel
8:00PM Bangkok – Chiang Mai via land travel (BOOK OVERNIGHT SLEEPER BUS HERE)
Day 8: Chiang Mai Elephant Jungle Sanctuary
6:00AM Check in at 9 Hostel
Elephant Jugle Sanctuary Whole Day Tour (BOOK DISCOUNTED ELEPHANT JUNGLE SANCTUARY VIA KLOOK)
Day 9: Chiang Mai Temples/City Tour DIY
6:00AM Wake up time, Breakfast
7:00AM Chiang Mai City Tour
7:00PM Chiang Mai – BKK
Day 10: Flight From BKK – MNL
6:00AM Mo Chit Bus Station – Aiport
10:00AM Flight back to MNL
|Help me improve my Indochina DIY itinerary & Budget travel guide! By commenting suggestions in the comment section below, I am very open to new ideas.|
Contact Us for paid promotions and link insertions.
For proposals: email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2023 ULTIMATE GUIDE TO SAGADA WITH DIY ITINERARY & BUDGET: Everything You Need to Know
- Camping in Malico, Pangasinan: What You Need to Know & How to Get There?
- Diode Brazilian Hair Removal at Skinstation: is it Painful?
- How to Get to Shifen Old Street From Taipei? Plus Best Things to Do
- Taichung Itinerary: How to get to Zhongshe Flower Market From Taipei?