Traveling to Sagada anytime soon? Here is a comprehensive travel guide to Marlboro Hills + Blue Soil for your reference! Experience trekking and sea of clouds in Sagada’s Marlboro Hills. Feel the cold temperature of the Mountain Province while walking through its pine trees foliage.
Sagada is without a doubt one of the best places to witness sea of clouds during sunrise while being considerably an easy hike for beginners. Yeap! You read it right. Marlboro Hills + Blue Soil is an easy hike even to beginners who doesn’t have any experience in trekking.
RELATED ARTICLE: TOP PLACES TO VISIT IN SAGADA
Pre-Travel Guide To Marlboro Hills + Blue Soil
This pre-travel guide to Marlboro Hills + Blue Soil has everything you need to know before your trip! Where to stay, how to get there, where to book your guide, pre-travel tips and itinerary.
Best time to visit Marlboro Hills + Blue Soil? Although Sagada is a year-round destination, I highly recommend visiting Sagada during ber months if you want to experience cold temperature. After all, its cold weather is what it is best known for.
How To Get There? (Marlboro Hills DIY)
If you are not traveling in a time-sensitive manner, I highly recommend P2P Bus from Cubao to Sagada. The time of departure is at 8:00PM and travel time is 12 hours.
Otherwise, you can follow the DIY steps below to get to Sagada.
Step 1: Manila to Baguio by bus. Ride a bus in Cubao going to Baguio City. The fare is Php550.00 – 720.00 depending on which bus line you will choose. Travel time is 7-8 hours.
Step 2: Upon arriving in Baguio, take a taxi cab to GL Trans Terminal. Then ride a bus to Sagada for Php220.00 and travel time is about 6 hours. Take note that the earliest schedule is at 5:30am and latest schedule is 1pm. Make sure to be in Baguio before lunch time.
Step 3: Proceed to the Tourism Office located in the town proper just beside the Police Station. Hire a local guide and pay the registration fees.
Insider Tip: take note that the best time to visit Marlboro Hills + Blue Soil is early in the morning. If you are planning to stay in Sagada for 2 days, might as well reserve a tour guide for the next day.
Entrance Fee and Guide Fee
The registration fee per tourist is Php100.00 to be paid at the Tourism Office. Take note that all activities in Sagada will require receipt of paid registration fees. So remember to keep your receipt with you.
|Guide Fee||Shuttle Fee|
|Marlboro Hills (group of 10 pax)||800.00 / USD15||650.00 / USD12|
|Marlboro Hills + Blue Soil (group of 10 pax)||1,600.00 / USD30||1,300.00 / USD24|
|Blue Soil (group of 10 pax)||PHP800.00 / USD15||PHP650.00 / USD12|
Where To Stay In Sagada?
2. BOOK ROOMS AT AJJAA’S PLACE FOR PHP850.00 GOOD FOR 2
3. BOOK ROOMS AT WAGAZ HOMESTAY AND CAFE FOR PHP1,000.00 GOOD FOR 2
If you have budget for accommodation, I recommend staying in Sagada Heritage Village.
4. BOOK ROOMS AT SAGADA HERITAGE VILLAGE
FAQs & Important Tips From Joan’s Footprints
- Bring flashlight.
- Is there comfort room? Yes. One in Marlboro Hills and another one before reaching Blue Soil.
- Best time to start trek is early in the morning at 4am.
- Sea of clouds is not always guaranteed.
- Don’t forget to bring small bag where your wallet, water bottle and jacket can fit.
- You can bring food for snack but I guarantee that there are lots of stores during the hike especially on weekends.
- Dress comfortably. Not too warm and not too cold. The weather changes as the sun comes up so remember to not overdress. A t-shirt and a hoodie will do.
- PLEASE BE A RESPONSIBLE TRAVELER. Do not throw your garbage anywhere. There are designated trash bins.
Important Reminder: make sure you booked a tour guide and shuttle the day before your planned visit. The shuttle will pick you up in your hotel/accommodation. Alternatively if you have your own vehicle you may opt out for the shuttle service and head to the jump-off point.
Sample Itinerary & Expenses
Here is a sample itinerary for Marlboro Hills + Blue Soil. Take note that the duration of this trek is 4-5 hours. But before you turntail, 4-5 hours doesn’t mean 4-5 hours spontaneous walking. It includes 1 hour rest while waiting for the sunrise and a lot more rests during the hike.
Marlboro Hills + Sea Of Clouds
3:00am Wake up time, prepare for things
3:45am Wait for shuttle
4:10am Start of trek to Marlboro Hills
5:00am ETA Marlboro Hills, breakfast and wait for sunrise
6:00am Sunrise at Marlboro Hills, photo ops
Blue Soil in Sagda
6:20am Start trek to Blue Soil
6:35am Arrive at limestones area
7:10am Arrive at the last stop for snack stores, rest
7:25am ETA Blue Soil, photo ops
8:00am End of trek
|Help me improve my Travel Guide to Marlboro Hills + Blue Soil! By commenting suggestions in the comment section below, I am very open to new ideas. |
Drone shot by me.
Contact Us for paid promotions and link insertions.
For proposals: email me at email@example.com
- 5 Simple Hacks You Should Know For Beginner Freedivers!
- 2023 Complete Balabac Palawan Travel Guide with Itinerary & Budget: Everything You Need to Know
- How I Almost Got OFFLOADED From My Singapore Flight: Important Things You Need to Know
- 2023 Ultimate Travel Guide to Sagada with DIY Itinerary & Budget
- First Timer’s Guide to Bomod-ok Falls: Sagada’s Big Falls