Backpacking the 3 countries (1) Vietnam, (2) Cambodia and (3) Thailand or better known as Indochina countries is a very famous route not only to Filipinos but to other foreign nationalities outside Asia as well! So, for this article I’m going to share with you guys a 10-day backpacking Indochina travel guide. This itinerary will be based on my personal experience as a solo female traveler and I would love to encourage you to do it too!
So YES, I am a female traveler and I was able to backpack these 3 countries alone. December 2019 marked the date that I am an official nomad on the lose, lol. My experience in totality, doing this long and memorable trip has made me accomplished lots of things in my life. First and foremost it made me braver than ever and it really challenged my skills when it comes to becoming an officially independent solo traveler internationally and locally!
Related Indochina Travel Guide
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- HO CHI MINH CITY DIY TRAVEL GUIDE
- VISITING CU CHI TUNNELS DIY WAY
- HCMC TO SIEM REAP
- OTHER LIST OF HCMC TRAVEL GUIDES
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Bangkok and Chiang Mai, Thailand
What you need to know
- Here are important mobile applications you need to download for your backpacking trip: Google Translate, Grab App, and BusMap App.
- For travel essentials, be sure to be equipped of a 4G sim card/pocket wifi, at least 2 valid IDs, passport, a screenshot of your round-trip flight, power-bank and enough cash in USD.
- You are traveling to a non-english speaking countries. Most of the locals cannot communicate in English so better download a Google translate app.
- USD is the most recommended currency to bring when traveling to these coutries.
- Beware of scams outside the immigration office when crossing boarders. Remember that Philippine passport holders DO NOT NEED VISA so just ignore the people offering visa application with a fee outside the immigration office.
- Taxi scams are very common in HCMC and Bangkok. DIY travels for solo travelers is the cheapest and best option.
- Be sure to book advance tours with Klook at least 2 days before your tour to secure your slots.
- Find cheap hostels and book them in advance.
10-Day Backpacking Itinerary
Day 0: MNL – SGN (Indochina Travel Guide)
11:00PM ETD MNL to SGN
2:00AM Book a grab bike from SGN airport to Aquarizon Boutique Hostel
2:30AM Late check in (Aquarizon Boutique Hostel/Book through Agoda)
Day 1: Cu Chi Tunnels
Day 3: Mekong Delta Tour
6:00AM Wake up time, free breakfast in hostel
7:30AM Meet up location in Bui Vien Street (walking distance)
6:00PM Wash up in hostel, early dinner in XU Restaurant Lounge
8:00PM-12MN Bui Vien Street night life
Day 4: Saigon City Tour
6:00AM Wake up time, free breakfast in hostel, check out luggage and leave in the counter
7:00AM Notre Dame Cathedral
7:30AM Central Post Office
8:30AM Reunification Palace
9:00AM War Remnants Museum
12NN-1:30PM Ben Than Market
3:00PM ETD SGN – Siem Reap
Day 5: Kulen Waterfall Whole Day Tour
5:00AM Check in at Heart Language Hotel
8:00AM Hotel pick up, Kulen Waterfall Whole Day Tour (Book with Klook)
4:30PM Back in hotel, rest
6:45PM Ride a Tuk-tuk to Pub Street & Night Market
7:00PM Dinner in Pub Street and buy souvenirs in Night Market
10:00PM Lights out
Day 6: Angkor Wat Tour (Option for Sunrise Tour)
6:00AM Wake up time, breakfast
7:00AM Angkor Wat Tour, Bayon Temple, Ta Phrom
4:00PM Back in hotel, rest, freshen-up
11:00PM Siem Reap – BKK
Day 7: Chatuchak Weekend Market & Khaosan Rd.
12:00NN Check in at Yes Khaosan (Book through Agoda)
1:00PM Chatuchak Weekend Market
3:00PM Visit Madame Tussauds, Ocean Life (Book through Klook)
7:00PM Dinner/Night Life in Khaosan Rd.
Day 8: Bangkok Temples
9:00AM Wat Arun
11:00AM Wat Pho
2:00PM Grand Palace
6:00PM Back in hostel
8:00PM Bangkok – Chiang Mai
Day 9: Chiang Mai Elephant Jungle Sanctuary
6:00AM Check in at 9 Hostel (Book through Agoda)
Elephant Jugle Sanctuary Whole Day Tour (Book with Klook)
Day 10: Chiang Mai Temples/City Tour
6:00AM Wake up time, Breakfast
7:00AM Chiang Mai City Tour
7:00PM Chiang Mai – BKK
Day 11: BKK – MNL
6:00AM Morchit Bus Station – Aiport
10:00AM Flight back to MNL
|Help me improve my travel guide! By commenting suggestions in the comment section below, I am very open to new ideas.|
Contact Us for paid promotions and link insertions.
For proposals: email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Travel Guide to Kalanggaman Island (2020 DIY Budget & Itinerary)
- Trending Quarantine Pinoy Merienda Favorites: Quick & Easy Recipe!
- How to travel CHEAP? Effective tips and suggestions for you!
- My Experience in Ifugao Native Houses! Getting to know the Ethnic Group in Cordillera
- Sambawan Island & Ulan-Ulan Falls DIY Travel Guide (Budget & Itinerary)