Whether it’s in Manila or outside Manila, there are bunch of things you can do to kill time! If you are (a) person who needs a few days to get a quick escape on your toxic city life, or (b) you just want to have a whole day fun with your friends, or (c) stuck in Manila for a few more days and have nothing to do to kill time.. worry no more! Here is an ultimate list of the fun things to do near Manila!
As we all know, Manila is the capital and business center of the Philippines. It has the biggest airport in the country, therefore, people are always around this crowded city.
For a city dweller like me, I have had enough experience on how toxic life could get in this little piece of hell. Lol. I’m just kidding. But what I mean is I’ve been through all those traffic jam, crowded people, super hot climate and toxic humans. Yeap. Name it, I’ve been through it. So if these descriptions sounds familiar to you, you might want to save this article for future reference. (I’m saying when Covid-19 comes to an end, lol).
Table of Contents
1. GO ON AN EXHILLARATING ADVENTURE AT ENCHANTED KINGDOM IN LAGUNA
Located in Laguna which is just roughly 1 hour away, enjoy unlimited rides and loads of fun inside the Philippines’ first and only world-class theme park: Enchanted Kingdom! Hop on EK’s famous thrill rides including Space Shuttle, Anchor’s Away, Rio Grande, and more.
Insider Tip: It gets hot during the day so be on the lookout for drinking fountains stationed around the park.
Where to book? Book through Klook below and access their exclusive lane to avoid the long queues plus free admission to Agila: The EKsperience. Get it a very discounted price with Klook compared when buying your ticket at the park!
2. EXPLORE ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR DAY TRIP DESTINATIONS FROM MANILA – TAGAYTAY CITY
Sitting on a ridge 670 meters above sea level, the city offers stunning views of Lake Taal and Taal Volcano and is an absolute must-visit during your trip to the Philippines. Start the day early and depart for Tagaytay at 6 am. Head to Tagaytay Picnic Grove, one of the city’s most popular areas. Go on to visit Sonya’s Garden, Palace in the Sky and Mahogany Market. Take a break from the active sightseeing with a quick lunch of local delicacies. Continue the adventure with a visit to Sky Ranch, Good Shepherd and Calaruega Church before departing back to Manila.
3. VISIT THE FAMOUS NO-HIKE MOUNTAIN IN TANAY, RIZAL – TREASURE MOUNTAIN
Feel closer to nature with Treasure Mountain’s calming scenery. Overcome your fear of heights with their exciting mid-air obstacle course, the sea of clouds will even make your visit more memorable, take stunning photos once you reach the Spider’s Web and go on a short trek to Bosay Falls and take a refreshing dip in its clear cool waters.
4. HIKE TO THE TAAL CRATER LAKE IN BATANGAS
Itching for an adventure? Look no further and book this private day tour of Tagaytay and Taal Volcano! Hike your way up to 311 meters above sea level and discover Taal Volcano’s magnificent crater. Below are the top reasons to include why you should go on a day-tour in Taal, Batangas!
- Hike all the way to the crater of one of the greatest natural wonders near Metro Manila
- Go on a boat ride across Taal Lake and marvel at the beauty of the surrounding area
- Be guided up the Taal Crater Lake by professional hikers and outdoor enthusiasts
- No experience? No problem! Hiking routes are all easy with numerous resting stops
- Witness the breathtaking view of Taal Lake and Taal Volcano
5. HAVE A QUICK ESCAPE AT CALIRAYA RESORT, LAGUNA
The Philippines is home to hundreds of gorgeous islands and one-of-a-kind locations. But you don’t need to go too far if you want to enjoy a quick break from the city. Just a couple of hours’ drive away from Manila is Laguna’s Caliraya Resort Club. The resort is famous as a recreational place for schools and companies but that doesn’t mean your family or group of friends won’t be able to have an unforgettable time here, too!
- Have a quick escape with your family and friends at the famous Caliraya Resort in Laguna!
- Take advantage of the resort’s exciting amenities including 3 swimming pools, wave pool, obstacle courses, giant earthball game, and more
- Recharge in the afternoon and enjoy a complimentary all-you-can-eat buffet lunch and drinks
- Enjoy all these with a 4-hour access to the new Floating Playground when you avail of this pass!”
Where to Book? Purchase this pass via Klook and enjoy the many amenities that Caliraya offers, including 2 adult pools and 1 kiddie pool, an obstacle course, a children’s playground, and more! Availing of this pass will also entitle you to try Super Slide, their newest attraction, for free! To top it all off, you’ll also enjoy a complimentary all-you-can-eat buffet lunch and drinks, so no need to worry about where and what to eat.
6. STAYCATION AT ZENROOMS’ IG-WORTHY HOTELS!
Just want to chill around Manila? My most favorite of all staycations in Manila is located at Poblacion, Makati and it is known for its overlooking pool, easy-access to business district, restaurants and nightlife. The Gramercy Residences is perfect for business & leisure travelers. This hotel features an overlooking the city swimming pool and an indoor lap pool, a relaxing pool lounge, a well-equipped fitness center, a green landscape, a wheelchair access, and an elevator.
Where to Book? Book your stay with and get a 15% discount if you use my code: JOANSFOOTPRINTS!
Related Article: 8 Best Staycations in Manila Plus 15% OFF!
7. PARAGLIDING EXPERIENCE NEAR MANILA
Tick off another item in your bucket list and go out of your comfort zone when you try this once-in-a-lifetime experience in Manila. Conquer the sky and witness the stunning view of Metro Manila’s skyline with a professional paragliding pilot. Soar through the air, with unmatched views of the city and the nearby Cavite and Laguna provinces.
- Go out of your comfort zone and take a once in a lifetime experience with this paragliding adventure!
- This thrilling activity is located in Cavite, just a quick drive away from the busy city
- Choose between a morning or afternoon session and let the wind take you to see the breathtaking views of Manila
- All paragliding flights are safely tandemed with professional certified pilots from Paragliding Philippines Inc., ensuring you of topmost fun and security
- To get a better chance of good weather, best time to fly is in the morning from 8:00am-9:00am
- Paragliding season is from September to April
8. MOUNTAIN LAKE RESORT IN LAGUNA
After a stressful work week, sometimes a vacation is necessary even if it’s a quick one. If you’re looking for a place near Manila to just breathe and let your hair down, Mountain Lake Resort in Laguna can be your perfect escape. This recreational resort near Lake Caliraya offers a variety of amenities that are sure to take your stress away!
Where to Book? Purchase these day passes from Klook and get to try some of their facilities perfect for a fun bonding activity with your family and friends. You can practice some strokes at their swimming pool, face your fears and cross their hanging bridge, or enjoy a thrilling ride at their zipline. These passes also entitle you to a sumptuous lunch! Make sure to bring your squad along and share this memorable experience together.
9. BALI EXPERIENCE AT CINTAI CORITO’S GARDEN IN BATANGAS
Experience a slice of Bali in the Philippines when you travel to Cintai Corito’s Garden in Batangas City. When the busy streets of Manila start feeling a bit too crowded, take a day trip to the laid back and nearby cities to clear your head. Cintai Corito’s Garden in Batangas is a quick 2.5 hour drive from the metro and is guaranteed to give you and your travel companions a unique and memorable experience. A Balinese inspired destination, this 7 hectare resort is a refreshing break from all the high rise buildings and congested highways you’d find in the city.
Where to Book? Book a hassle-free transaction and discounted pass with Klook!
10. DIVING EXPERIENCE IN ANILAO, BATANGAS
Only 3 hours away from Manila, descend into one of the famous diving spots in the Philippines and explore the underworld beauty of Anilao, Batangas. Discover a wide range of colorful corals that have become a home to many unique underwater species like seahorses, sea urchins, and octopuses.
Learn the basics of scuba diving with professional scuba diving masters. You’ll be surprised how easy it is to breathe underwater with your gear once you’ve learned the techniques. Marine photography enthusiasts are also welcome to capture the contrasting colors of the corals and fishes.
11. EXPERIENCE NATURE AT MASUNGI GEORESERVE IN RIZAL
Masungi Georeserve is a conservation project in the Philippines situated along the Southern Sierra Madre range in Baras, Rizal. Unassuming in its beauty, the 600 million year-old rainforest sanctuary is a breathtaking oasis where nature shows its truest form through its unique rock formations of limestone and karst, along with over 350 documented species of plants and wildlife.
Honestly speaking, Masungi is one of the best things to experience near Manila! I personally recommend this to anyone who is looking for an adventure around Manila.
12. LULJETTA’S HANGING GARDENS SPA EXPERIENCE IN RIZAL
Another reason why Rizal is the perfect getaway near Manila is because of this hanging gardens resort! Experience the first and only hanging gardens and spa in the Philippines located in the heart of Antipolo City. Enjoy the amazing facilities of Luljetta’s Hanging Gardens while also savoring the picturesque view of Laguna de Bay
Where to Book? Book your stay with Klook!
|Disclaimer: Photo credits to the rightful owners (Klook, Masungi Georeserve, etc.). 🙂
Contact Us for paid promotions and link insertions.
For proposals: email me at email@example.com
NEXT TO READ:
- 2024 ULTIMATE COTO MINES DIY ITINERARY & BUDGET: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Get to Impasug-ong Communal Ranch? DIY Itinerary With Budget
- 2024 Complete Balabac Palawan Travel Guide with Itinerary & Budget: Everything You Need to Know
- 2024 Camiguin DIY Itinerary & Budget
- 2024 Bukidnon DIY Itinerary & Budget: How to Get There?