Bega Falls located in Prosperidad Agusan del Sur is something you might wanna go and check out if you are anywhere near Butuan or Surigao. During the mid of August 2022 I created a backpacking itinerary in Northern Mindanao, since my entry airport was in Butuan I grabbed the chance to visit Bega Falls too. (Bega Falls DIY Itinerary & Budget)
Long story short, Bega Falls is a good side-trip if you are planning to visit all 81 provinces in the Philippines. Know more about this Travel Guide to Agusan del Sur’s Bega Falls below!
Bega Falls DIY Itinerary & Budget
The nearest airport is Bancasi Airport in Butuan. Upon arriving at the airport, ride a blue multicab outside which will take you to the bus terminal. The fare us Php50.00 and the travel time is about 30 minutes. From the bus terminal, ride a bus to Davao and advise the driver that you will drop off at Awa Crossing/Junction in Prosperidad. Travel time is 1.5-2 hours and the fare is Php175.00.
From Awa Crossing, there are habal-habal drivers across the street. I suggest to contact my habal-habal driver Kuya Nori at 09352280175. The fare depends on your haggling skills, we were first charged Php200.00 per way and per person but we managed to lower is to Php600.00 for the whole trip and for the 2 of us. Subsequently, the travel time going to Bega Falls is approximately 30 minutes. Pay the entrance fee of Php30.00 each at the registration area which is just 2-3 minutes away from the jump-off point.
Important Note: the only transportation available going to the falls is through habal-habal.
Once you arrived at the jump-off point, there will be 396 steps going down to get to the falls. The trek is about 10-15 minutes depending on your pacing. You can read some of the guidelines posted at the jump-off point too.
This will be the first falls you will see upon reaching the bottom. Subsequently, if you continue the trek going to the right you will reach the main falls.
Below are the expected expenses assuming that you are coming from Butuan Airport.
|Blue Multicab Airport to Bus Terminal
|Bus to Prosperidad Awa Crossing
|Php600.00 (for 2)
Here are the optional expenses in case you are planning to swim or stay for the whole day:
Important Tips From Joan’s Footprint
- There are no sari-sari stores where you can buy food or water. Make sure to buy food and water upon arriving at the Awa Crossing, Prosperidad.
- Contact your habal-habal at least a day before. Contact Kuya Nori at 09352280175.
- Operating Time: 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday-Sunday and on Holidays.
- Use appropriate footwear, some trails are a bit slippery.
- For more information you can visit their tourism website here.
|Help me improve my Bega Falls DIY Itinerary & Budget! By commenting suggestions in the comment section below, I am very open to new ideas. Drone shots credits to Milo Quinantoto.
Contact Us for paid promotions and link insertions.
For proposals: email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2024 ULTIMATE COTO MINES DIY ITINERARY & BUDGET: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Get to Impasug-ong Communal Ranch? DIY Itinerary With Budget
- 2024 Complete Balabac Palawan Travel Guide with Itinerary & Budget: Everything You Need to Know
- 2024 Camiguin DIY Itinerary & Budget
- 2024 Bukidnon DIY Itinerary & Budget: How to Get There?