There is no denying that Kawasan Falls in Cebu is one of the most famous tourist attraction in the province. Situated in the small town of Badian is a majestic waterfalls packed up with exhilarating activities like canyoneering and a breathtaking view of the falls. Kawasan falls was one of my top list when I traveled to Cebu alone. And yeah, I did the canyoneering alone too! Learn how to backpack Cebu through this guide — Kawasan Falls DIY 2020.
“Like a gatorade blue water” as described by the locals in Cebu. At first, there was a part of me that didn’t believe the photos and videos I saw online. Until I was able to validate this when I came here for the first time. The water of the falls really looks like the water of a gatorade energy drink!
For solo travelers and backpackers, here is a DIY travel guide to one of the most majestic and famous waterfalls in the Philippines. If you have any questions, just feel free to comment below! 🙂
About Kawasan Falls
Kawasan Falls gives you an access to an adventure of canyoneering. Jumping to not less than 10 cliffs, swimming to its natural swimming pools and lagoons, slide and splash through the cold blue water of the falls. All these adventures in 1 place, welcom to Kawasan Falls in the province of Cebu!
Although Kawasan Falls is filled with crowded tourist everyday, the falls will not fail to captivate every tourists’ hearts. The cold water of the falls provides a refreshing bath that will surely give you an intimate experience with nature.
- Located in Barangay Matutinao in the town of Badian, Cebu.
- The height of the falls vary all the time. For instance, some falls are as low as 15 – 25 feet. All throughout the adventure, expect a 15 – 50 feet cliff jumping adventure!
- There are cottages and picnic tables in the main waterfalls where you can stay for a whole day or half day.
- The canyoneering adventure is about 4 – 5 hours in total. It consist a series of cliff jumpings, sliding and swimming. At the end part of the canyoneering is reaching the main Kawasan waterfalls.
- The standard rate of canyoneering is PHP1,500.00 per person. It includes the gears and a professional tour guide. But if you will not try the canyoneering, Kawasan Falls entrance fee is PHPP45.00 for foreigners and PHP20.00 for locals.
- Kawasan Falls height – 40 metres for the first and most famous waterfall.
- Parking fee – PHP50.00 for a bike/scooter.
- More information here: Badian Website.
Where to book your Tour
Kawasan Falls and Canyoneering is also available with Klook! For hassle-free tours, I highly recommend Klook.
How to go to Kawasan Falls DIY-way (2020)
Kawasan Falls is very accessible even if you are coming from any part of Cebu or Dumaguete. Below are some of the most common routes to get here.
Mactan Airport (CEB) to Kawasan Falls
Option 1: Hire a taxi to South Cebu Bus Terminal
The easiest way is to hire a taxi if you’re not travelling on a budget or if you have a lot of luggage. The taxi fare to South Bus Terminal will range from PHP300.00-400.00. Ride a yellow Ceres bus to Badian and travel time is 3-4 hours, bus fare is PHP110.00 – PHP150.00 for an ordinary bus. Drop off in Badian bus stop or advise the driver that you are going to Kawasan Falls.
Option 2: By Sugbo Transit to South Bus Terminal
This is the option for budget travelers like me. Just outside the arrival airport, turn right and the buses are lined up outside. The bus leaves every hour so don’t worry about the bus schedule. If I remember correctly, the bus fare is only PHP40.00 and it will directly drop you at the South Bus terminal in Cebu City where you will ride a yellow Ceres bus to Badian. Subsequently, ride a yellow Ceres bus to Badian and travel time is 3-4 hours, bus fare is PHP110.00 – PHP150.00 for an ordinary bus. Drop off in Badian bus stop or advise the driver that you are going to Kawasan Falls.
Dumaguete Airport to Kawasan Falls
From Dumaguete airport, charter a trisikad just outside the airport going to Sibulan port, PHP70.00 fare for the whole trisikad is reasonable. Then ride a ferry from Sibulan port to Liloan Port in Cebu (PHP70.00) and travel time is only 30 minutes. From Liloan port there are buses that will stop there headed to North Cebu where you can drop off in Badian. Fare is approximately PHP75.00 – PHP110.00 and travel time is about 2 hours.
Oslob to Kawasan Falls
For those coming from Oslob, first take a bus to Bato and then change to a bus that goes to Badian or Cebu City (via Barili). The journey takes about 1.5 hours, and the total price is around PHP100.00.
- Book your Kawasan Canyoneering Adventure here. Say hi to Sir Jessan for me!
- You can avail the canyoneering adventure until 1PM only. To be sure, try to get there before 12NN.
- Bring your own aqua shoes if you don’t want to use the provided shoes. Honestly, they’ve been used by a lot of customers already so it might not be very hygienic! Lol.
- If you are traveling in a time-sensitive manner, you can backpack Kawasan Falls Canyoneering and Pescador Island Hopping in 1 day! Check it here.
- You have an option to book a canyoneering tour or just go directly to the falls for sight-seeing or bathing in the falls. As mistaken by many, canyoneering activity is not required to get to the falls.
- The full canyoneering activity will last for about 4 – 5 hours depending on your pacing.
Travel Vlog to Cebu: Kawasan Falls DIY 2020
|Help me improve my travel guide! By commenting suggestions in the comment section below, I am very open to new ideas. 🙂|
Contact Us for paid promotions and link insertions.
For proposals: email me at email@example.com
NEXT TO READ:
- PESCADOR ISLAND HOPPING IN MOALBOAL, CEBU
- NORTH CEBU TRAVAL GUIDE
- TRAVEL CHEAP TO OSLOBE: DIY ITINERARY
- 10000 ROSES CAFE IN CEBU
- Bagbag Beach & Little Batanes in Sual Pangasinan: 2020 Travel Guide
- 2020 Travel Guide To Mapita Falls in Aguilar Pangasinan
- Reasons Why FARMVILLE San Fabian Should Be On Your Next List To Visit When In Pangasinan
- Pugad Adventure in La Union Opens for Tourists During COVID-19
- Hong Kong & Macau Travel Hacks: Effective Tips To Lessen Your Expenses!